• On Oct. 26 around 2:22 a.m., officers contacted an Emory male student on the fourth floor of Evans Hall. He was described as inebriated and had a strong odor of alcohol. DeKalb Metro Police and EMS arrived to the location and transported him to Emory Hospital. Information was turned over to a Campus Life Professional.
• Officers received a complaint from the vice president of student activities at the Goizueta Business School. Student stated that between Oct. 13 and Oct. 20 $800 was stolen from their cash box. The cash box was not damaged and there was no forced entry into the room. Information was turned over to an investigator.
• Officers received a call from a white female Emory student on Oct. 24 around 11 p.m. stating that her laptop had been stolen in the Woodruff Library. The laptop was a silver Apple MacBook and is valued at $1200. The student said that she left her laptop on the 8th floor in a cubicle and upon returning the laptop was gone. Information was turned over to an investigator.
• Officers found an abandoned standard Emory golf cart behind the Kappa Sigma house on Oct. 24. The golf cart had a flat wheel, broken headlights and the forward/reverse switch was broken. Officers notified facilities management, but no suspects were turned over to an investigator. Cost of repair is unknown at this point.
• Officers responded to a call from Harris Hall about an odor of marijuana coming from the fourth floor on Oct. 23 around 11 p.m. Upon arrival the odor had dissipated and no subjects were found guilty.
• Around 5:30 a.m. on Oct. 21, officers received a report of persons trapped in a parking deck elevator. They were able to establish voice contact with the trapped persons and the fire department was called to the location. But, on arrival. the elevator was working and none of the trapped persons were there.
— Compiled by Staff Writer Nicholas Sommariva